What’s it like selling luxury real estate to the rich and famous in Beverly Hills? Find out on this podcast with James Harris of Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles! On today’s show, James explains how he and David Parnes took their real estate firm, Bond Street Partners, from no listings to over $500 million in annual sales. James also shares his best and worst moments on television, how he’s able to juggle fame with family, and the mistakes he’s made on his way to the top. To finish out the interview, James offers advice to up-and-coming agents. Don’t miss it!
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- James’ brief bio [3:49]
- How James got a spot on Million Dollar Listing [7:03]
- James’ favorite Million Dollar Listing moments [9:31]
- James’ worst moments on Million Dollar Listing [11:34]
- The struggle to balance life, fame, and business [12:44]
- James’ thoughts on fellow MDL cast members [14:28]
- How James leverages and incentivizes people [15:42]
- Why James believes it’s important to dress for success [17:26]
- Advice on personal development [18:59]
- What the Pocket Listing Service (PLS) offers [21:12]
- How the PLS operates from market to market [23:28]
- Why the PLS is more accurate and up to date than the MLS [27:04]
- How James and David started Bond Street Partners [28:17]
- The niche that really grew James and David’s business [29:38]
- Bond Street Partners’ production numbers [31:32]
- Where James and David get their business [32:10]
- Mistakes James made along the way [33:52]
- James’ advice for new agents [34:46]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
The perfect blend of British style and American drive, James Harris brings his charisma, intellect and wit as co-founder of luxury real estate firm, Bond Street Partners, to Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles. Born and raised in London, England, Harris’ entrepreneurial drive started at the tender age of 16. After working as a residential investment agent in the United Kingdom, Harris headed west to Los Angeles to broaden his horizon and to enjoy the California sunshine.
Today, Harris is living the American Dream, working in a city he loves with an incredibly talented group of people. He and business partner, David Parnes, specialize in high-end residential real estate and investment properties in Beverly Hills, Bel Air, Holmby Hills, Sunset Strip, the Hollywood Hills, Brentwood, Pacific Palisades, Malibu and the greater Los Angeles region.
Notable sales by the partners include the sale of a prized property on L.A.’s famous Melrose Place, home to the boutiques of renowned designers such as Oscar De La Renta and Chloé and the famed Hustler store on Sunset Blvd. for $18.5 Million.
James is happily married to his beautiful wife, Valeria, and together they have two daughters, Sofia and Chloe. His three girls are the light of his life. When he is not at work, James and his family love going to the beach and spending quality time together. A firm believer in giving back to the community, Harris is heavily involved in various humanitarian causes including the Jewish Federation Community and CHLA (Children’s Hospital Of Los Angeles).
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Get 6 Steps to 7 Figures by Pat Hiban for FREE
- James Harris | Luxury Real Estate Agents and Brokers | The Agency
- Bond Street Partners | Luxury Real Estate Los Angeles
- The Pocket Listing Service
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!