After selling his first company at the age of 21, John Henry went on to start his own venture capital fund, Harlem Capital. Now, John’s starring in Hustle on Viceland, a docu-series where he presents small-business owners with big opportunities to grow. On today’s podcast, John shares his entrepreneurial journey before dropping value bombs with the potential to blow up your real estate business. Listen and learn what you need to do in order to position yourself for unrivaled presence in your market and a huge influx of eager new clients.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- John’s brief bio [2:51]
- John’s theory on real estate investing [8:15]
- How John closed his first major real estate deal [12:37]
- Why Viceland picked up Hustle [18:05]
- What Hustle is all about [21:41]
- John’s advice for real estate agents [27:33]
- Why you need to create content on LinkedIn [32:23]
- John’s donation to the Agent Success Toolbox [36:59]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
John Henry is a Dominican-American entrepreneur and investor passionate about building vibrant communities.
As an entrepreneur, John started his first company in 2012; an on-demand laundry startup that specialized in handling wardrobe for the Film / TV industry in NYC. He led the company until it’s acquisition in 2014.
Shortly after his first company, John went on to launch Cofound Harlem – a non-profit incubator that aims to help foster a robust tech ecosystem north of 96th street.
Eventually, John would foray into venture investments. First through AREA, a real estate-technology focused accelerator and seed fund, and currently as a Managing Partner at Harlem Capital Partners, a diversity-focused early stage investment firm.
John is also an avid speaker; delivering keynotes at conferences such as Big Omaha, Aruba Tech Conference, Millennial Week, and more.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- John Henry | Entrepreneur
- Harlem Capital – John Henry
- Harlem Capital Partners
- Download John’s Framework for Building a Scalable Business from the Agent Success Toolbox
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!