At just 19 years old, Jason Hartman started his real estate career. By age 24, he was one of RE/MAX’s top agents worldwide. Now, decades later, Jason shares his industry expertise with a network of nationwide investors via podcasts, books, and educational events. On today’s show, Jason looks back on his early days as an agent and discusses what’s changed, what’s stayed the same, and where the industry’s headed. He also explains how to make viable property investments in changing markets by following a set of simple rules. Listen in and learn how to last in this ever-changing industry, how to succeed as a real estate investor, and more.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Jason’s brief bio [3:07]
- How to thrive through industry disruption [5:03]
- How property showings could change in the future [7:21]
- The markets Jason prefers to buy investment properties in [15:51]
- What makes housing markets in Austin, Denver, and Phoenix different [19:36]
- Two of Jason’s favorite cities to buy property in [23:11]
- Two simple rules for determining a market’s health [27:28]
- The right time to sell [32:25]
- Jason’s equation for rental properties [36:37]
- Why low-end properties are hard to make profitable [38:10]
- Jason’s thoughts on making it as an agent today [41:54]
- Jason’s donation to the Agent Success Toolbox [45:41]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
Jason Hartman is the Founder and CEO of Platinum Properties Investor Network, The Hartman Media Company and The Jason Hartman Foundation. Starting with very little, Jason, while still in college at the age of 19, embarked on a career in real estate while brokering properties for clients, he was investing in his own portfolio along the way. Through creativity, persistence and hard work, he soon joined the ranks of the top one-percent of Realtors in the U.S. and in quick succession; earned a number of prestigious industry awards and became a young multi-millionaire.
Jason purchased an Irvine, California real estate brokerage firm which he expanded dramatically and was later acquired by Coldwell Banker. He combined his dedication and business talents to become a successful entrepreneur, public speaker, author, and media personality. Over the years he developed his Complete Solution for Real Estate Investors™ where his innovative firm educates and assists investors in acquiring prudent investments nationwide for their portfolio. Jason’s highly sought after educational events, speaking engagements, and his ultra-hot “Creating Wealth Podcast” inspire and empower hundreds of thousands of people in 164 countries worldwide.
While running his successful real estate and media businesses, Jason also believes that giving back to the community plays an important role in building strong personal relationships. He established The Jason Hartman Foundation in 2005 to provide financial literacy education to young adults providing the all important real world skills not taught in school which are the key to the financial stability and success of future generations. We’re in a global monetary crisis caused by decades of misguided policies and the cycle of financial dependence has to be broken, literacy and self-reliance are a good start.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Get 6 Steps to 7 Figures by Pat Hiban for FREE
- Get Tribe of Millionaires by Pat Hiban and David Osborn for FREE
- Episode 182 with Jason Hartman
- Jason Hartman: Real Estate Investment Properties
- The Jason Hartman Foundation
- The Hartman Media Company by Jason Hartman
- Download Jason’s Real Estate eBooks from the Agent Success Toolbox
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!