Have you ever wondered what it’s like selling real estate in the big city? Jay Glazer runs a highly successful brokerage in New York City and joins us today to discuss what it’s like working as a real estate professional in the nation’s biggest, busiest city. Listen and learn about the distinct challenges agents face in cities like New York, what it takes to qualify buyers for multi-million-dollar apartments, and why Jay wouldn’t want to work anywhere else. Don’t miss it!
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Jay’s brief bio [3:06]
- Jay’s transactions in the last 12 months [3:47]
- Jay’s GCI and profit figures [4:58]
- What it’s like selling real estate in New York City [6:29]
- Challenges for buyer’s agents in NYC [10:38]
- Why buildings in New York City deny buyers [12:46]
- Where Jay gets his business [18:04]
- How Jay went from Shakespeare studies to real estate [21:46]
- What Jay loves about his NYC office [23:00]
- A failure that Jay learned from [25:51]
- How to know when an apartment is overpriced [27:59]
- Technology that Jay relies on for real estate [31:46]
- Jay’s strategy for selling as many homes as possible in six months [37:50]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
Earning an undergraduate degree from Bard College and a Masters from the University of Birmingham in England, Jay Glazer started his journey to becoming a successful real estate salesperson in New York.
Born and raised in Greenwich Village, Jay always had a passion for Shakespeare and theater. Upon returning to New York, he chose to enter real estate after rediscovering his lifelong love of architecture and the city.
Jay is fueled by his entrepreneurial nature and ability to seamlessly combine an organized, energetic, and ambitious work ethic with a creative Downtown background. His expertise in deal-making and out-of-the-box thinking also ensure the best results for his clients. As a full-service real estate specialist, he understands the science behind the ever-shifting market, as well as the emotional aspect of buying and selling property. Jay specializes in representing buyers and sellers of condos and co-ops throughout Manhattan. His clients include leaders in the technology and financial sectors, and some of the city’s most successful entrepreneurs.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- Save 90% on Real Estate Training During the 12 Days of Christmas Sale!
- The Glazer Team
- The Glazer Team – Home | Facebook
- Jay Glazer | Facebook
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!