There was a time when online leads could propel an agent’s business into the big leagues, but agents today are lucky to break even when buying leads. What changed? That’s the question real estate veteran Jim Remley answers on this podcast. He also explains how agents can still make online leads a profitable part of their business with some simple adjustments to their engagement methods. Plus, Pat and Jim discuss how to prepare for coming market changes, easy ways to boost accountability, and more.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Jim’s brief bio [2:18]
- Why Jim sold his last real estate company [4:49]
- Jim’s day-to-day responsibilities as a managing broker [5:47]
- The one thing agents struggle with above all else [8:12]
- Jim’s thoughts on leads from Zillow and Realtor.com [11:29]
- The percentage of Zillow leads that actually close [16:04]
- Where 69 percent of consumers find agents [20:01]
- Why maintaining top-of-mind awareness is so important [21:31]
- Why online leads are worse today than they were five years ago [23:40]
- A market change that could have a major effect on your business [29:12]
- Ways to engage expireds [33:35]
- An awesome accountability tool [39:19]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
Jim Remley is a nationally recognized expert in the field of residential real estate. Entering the real estate industry at the age of 19 he began an unlikely rise from college drop out to real estate Rock Star by becoming ranked in the top 1% of REALTORS® nationwide. Implementing game changing strategies and deploying the latest technology advances Jim shattered sales records by listing over 150 properties in one twelve month period. At 24 he opened his first Real Estate Company and grew the company to 17 offices becoming the largest independent real estate company in the State of Oregon.
After selling the firm Jim went on to become a sought after instructor for the National Association of REALTORS as well as the co-founder of the Luxury Home Council. As the author of the prestigious Accredited Luxury Home Specialist Designation (ALHS) and three bestselling books including Sell Your Home in Any Market Jim has appeared on numerous television and radio programs and been interviewed on CNN’s Open House.
Today Jim leads one of the largest real estate firms in the state of Oregon with over $759 million dollars in sales volume a year with just over 130 active Brokers. As a consultant, author, speaker, and trainer Jim has one mission – to create abundance through simplicity of action.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- eRealEstateCoach | On-Demand Coaching for Real Estate Professionals
- John L. Scott Real Estate | Jim Remley
- Episode 487 with Jim Remley
- Facebook | Jim Remely
- Facebook | John L. Scott Real Estate Rogue Valley
- Facebook | Erealestatecoach
- SPAR! App
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!