A recent article released by the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas suggests that a housing bubble may be brewing. On today’s State of the Market podcast, Aaron Amuchastegui analyzes this article and several others that point to a growing divergence between price appreciation and real estate market fundamentals. Aaron also discusses an increase in foreclosure activity and why he’s still investing in real estate.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- U.S. foreclosure activity continues to increase [6:33]
- Opendoor disciplined for disclosure lapses [8:50]
- Signs of a housing bubble [11:05]
- Signs that home prices are unhinged from fundamentals [18:08]
- Soaring mortgage rates dent demand for vacation homes [18:47]
- Home affordability eroding at fastest face in over a decade [21:07]
- Economist who called 2008 housing crisis issues warning [23:21]
- Final thoughts on the housing market [26:10]
- Additional details on the Real Estate Rockstars Mastermind [29:28]
Related Links and Resources:
- The Psychology of Money by Morgan Housel
- Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Article: Signs of Housing Bubble
Thank You Rockstars!
It might go without saying, but I’m going to say it anyway: We really value listeners like you. We’re constantly working to improve the show, so why not leave us a review? If you love the content and can’t stand the thought of missing the nuggets our Rockstar guests share every week, please subscribe; it’ll get you instant access to our latest episodes and is the best way to support your favorite real estate podcast. Have questions? Suggestions? Want to say hi? Shoot me a message via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Email.