Kelly Gilson taught middle schoolers in Nebraska before moving to California and starting a new career in real estate. His first year, he earned just under six figures. By year four, Kelly’s annual income jumped to roughly half of a million dollars – nearly 1,000 percent more than he ever earned as a teacher. On today’s podcast, Kelly shares the secrets to starting a massively successful second career in real estate, including where to get business and how to run a growing team. If you’re thinking about starting a new career as a real estate agent or simply looking for some inspiration, you won’t want to miss this Real Estate Rockstars!
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Kelly’s brief bio [2:30]
- The biggest lesson Kelly learned [8:05]
- Kelly’s income and profit figures [10:06]
- What it takes to earn six figures in real estate [10:51]
- What Kelly’s team looks like now [14:48]
- Different sources for real estate leads [15:18]
- How to generate digital sign calls [16:19]
- How Kelly’s lead ISA sets nearly 100 appointments per month [20:28]
- Mistakes Kelly made when starting a team [24:01]
- Why you can’t grow your personal income without personal growth [28:22]
- What it took for Kelly’s top agent to boost her sales by 2,000 percent [30:56]
- Kelly’s donation to the Agent Success Toolbox [33:43]
- How to break through your goals.
- Plus so much more.
In the spring of 2013, Kelly found himself finishing his 4th full year of teaching and coaching in the Midwest. He, his wife and two kids, made their annual Spring Break trip to Southern California, when they decided to move and follow their dreams. Kelly took his Bachelors in Teaching with an emphasis in Math and Masters in Educational Administration and looked at what qualities these degrees give him in a field outside of Education. This, with a strong background in coaching, led Kelly to Real Estate. He knows having core values of hard work, dedication, and helping people will allow him to be the best agent for his present and future clients. Kelly spent the next year teaching full time, coaching four sports, getting his Real Estate License and balancing a family, but it is his continued drive to be better for his family that ultimately landed them in Southern California in spring of 2014.
In January 2015, Kelly’s wife decided to pursue her career in Real Estate and “The Gilson Group” was born. With her background in finance and degree in Business Marketing, they have found that their teamwork creates the best of ALL worlds for their clients. It is their goal and aspiration to become one of the top Real Estate duos in Southern California and they fully believe that they can help YOU get exactly what YOU are looking for, whether you are buying or selling a home.
Related Links and Resources:
- Grow Your Real Estate Profits with Our Agent Success Toolbox
- GC Homes Team
- Agent Legend: Automatically send personalized Voice Mails, Text Messages, and Emails without lifting a finger.
- Download Kelly’s 10 things that you can go into a new market to set up a business and start running a team at a high level in our Agent Success Toolbox
Thanks for Rocking Out
Thank you for tuning in to Pat Hiban Interviews Real Estate Rockstars, we appreciate you! To get more Rockstar content sent directly to your device as it becomes available, subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher! Reviews on iTunes are extremely helpful and appreciated! We read each and every one of them, please feel free to leave your email so that we can personally reach out and say thanks! Have any questions? Tweet me, Facebook me and ask Pat anything. Don’t forget to head on over to Bare Naked Agent for Pat’s answers, and advice. Thank you Rockstar Nation, and keep rockin!