Worried what this market shift might mean for your real estate business? Don’t miss today’s interview with veteran Realtor Nate Martinez! Nate has excelled through good markets, bad markets, and everything in between. Listen and learn about tried-and-true sales methods that will win you business in any market. Nate also outlines the importance of accountability, the value of mentorship, and the business lessons he’s learned over the last several decades.
Listen to today’s show and learn:
- Nate’s start in real estate [4:43]
- The power of uncompromising accountability [7:12]
- Why new agents should seek mentors [9:00]
- Tips on making an accountability partner really work for you [10:55]
- A quick tip for keeping yourself from quitting tough tasks [12:51]
- Nate’s best year in real estate [16:25]
- The structure of Nate’s real estate companies [17:44]
- Real estate agents’ fear of slowing down and advice on transitioning [20:40]
- Losing team members and how to handle it [22:41]
- Investing in the people around you [25:55]
- The Phoenix real estate market and its major cycles [27:20]
- What happened with the Phoenix market during the pandemic [30:07]
- Interest rates most Realtors have never experienced [32:46]
- A book with guidance on best practices for training pods [33:34]
- Getting back to basics [35:17]
- Proactively solving problems with potential buyers [36:27]
- Nate Martinez’ new book, 8 Ways to Dominate Any Real Estate Market [38:17]
- The top 50 program: Your real estate VIPs [39:17]
- Agents’ addiction to online leads and hopium [41:05]
- Sticking to a schedule to work less and earn more [42:05]
- Nate’s final thoughts on building the right team [46:12]
- Where to find and follow Nate Martinez [49:03]
Nate has been selling real estate in the Valley of the Sun for over thirty years. His designations include ABR, CRS, GRI, CDPE, CIAS, CRP, e-PRO, SFR and Certified Luxury Home Specialist. His team consists of eight full-time Buyer Specialists, and one licensed assistant and one marketing director. In addition to being the owner of RE/MAX Professionals, Nate has serviced as a director for the state and national Association of Realtors and the 2008 President for the Phoenix Association’s of REALTORS®. RE/MAX Professionals has valley locations in Glendale, Phoenix Surprise and Avondale.
In his free time, Nate enjoys spending quality time with his family – fiancée Tonya, their daughter Mila and his two older children, Brandi and Nathan Jr. He is an avid sports enthusiastic, loves attending concerts and practicing his golf swing when he is not “tweeting” a new restaurant review. Nate’s personal and professional philosophy is a quote from the great Wayne Gretzky, “skate to where the puck is going, not where it’s been!”
Related Links and Resources:
- 8 Ways to Dominate Any Real Estate Market by Nate Martinez
Thank You Rockstars!
It might go without saying, but I’m going to say it anyway: We really value listeners like you. We’re constantly working to improve the show, so why not leave us a review? If you love the content and can’t stand the thought of missing the nuggets our Rockstar guests share every week, please subscribe; it’ll get you instant access to our latest episodes and is the best way to support your favorite real estate podcast. Have questions? Suggestions? Want to say hi? Shoot me a message via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Email.